Spicy Meatballs recipe, taste great and can feed the whole family quickly.
500g (1lb 2oz) Lean Beef or Pork Mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
50g (1 3/4oz) fresh breadcrumbs
15ml (1 tbsp) parsley or coriander, finely chopped
5ml (1 tsp) chilli powder or paprika
10ml (2 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
A little flour, for rolling
Sunflower Oil for frying
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
15ml (1 tbsp) Sunflower oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
15ml (1 tbsp) tomato pur�e
1 x 400g can tomatoes
1/2 glass red wine, optional
15ml (1 tbsp) parsley or coriander, finely chopped, for garnish
Spaghetti, cooked, to serve
1. Place first six ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Form into balls and roll each one in a little flour. Chill for 20 minutes and cook just before serving.
3. Heat oil and fry meatballs until golden on both sides and thoroughly cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
4. To make the tomato sauce: heat the oil, add onion and garlic and saut� until soft. Add the pur�e, tomatoes and wine if using. Season and liquidise or work through a sieve until the mixture is smooth.
5. Serve the meatballs on a bed of cooked spaghetti, covered with the tomato sauce and sprinkled with the chopped herbs.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins