Really easy to make and they taste absolutely delicious. Take a look at this easy lemon biscuit recipe.
100g softened butter
100g caster sugar
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
340g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon milk
Icing sugar for dusting
1 beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/Gas Mark 3, whilst this is heating up, grease 2 baking trays.
2. mix the butter, sugar and lemon rind well until they turn light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the egg and lemon juice beating the mixture well.
4. Mix in the baking powder and flour. Add enough milk to be able to make a dough out of the mixture.
5. Roll out dough on a floured board and cut into the required shape.
6. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet and cook for 20 mins. The biscuits should turn a pale golden brown.
7. Leave on a wire rack to cool, finally, dust the biscuits with a little icing sugar.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins