They last for days, they are cheap to make and they are good for you. What could be better than a great flapjack for that lunchtime snack!
Brown Sugar – 80g
Butter – 40g
Margarine – 60g
Oats – 250g
Salt – pinch
Banana – 1
Honey – 3tbsp
1. Melt the butter and the Margarine in a deep saucepan over a very low heat
2. add the brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of honey and mix well until you have a liquid substance.
3. Mix in the oats, if you find it easier add them in gradually stirring and covering the oats with the mixture
4. add a pinch of salt.
5. Mash the banana into a liquid pulp and mix into the oats (this will take a good few minutes to ensure that the banana is fully mixed in).
6. Get a knife and spread the oats evenly over a baking tray.
7. Place the baking tray onto the middle shelf in a preheated oven (gas mark 5, 220 C) and bake for 15 minutes, checking the progress regularly. Take out when the mixture starts turning a darker colour.
8. Stand for a minute or two, cut the flapjack into as many pieces as you wish
9. You may find it best to leave the flapjack for a few hours to cool down although you can eat them striaight away.
Tip. To make the flapjacks that little bit more special, drizzle melted chocolate over the top of them!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins