9 muffin cases
275g plain flour
4 level tsp baking powder
4 tbsp cocoa powder
75g caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
110g butter, melted
1 tsp natural Vanilla Extract
75g plain Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/Gas Mark 6 and place 9 muffin Cases in a muffin/ deep cupcake tin.
2. Sieve the flour, baking Powder and cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, milk, butter and natural vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the flour and baking powder to the egg mixture, add the cocoa and chocolate chips and mix until you have a lumpy batter
5. scoop in the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and bake at the top of the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
6. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins