7 Slices of Bread
1 1/2 pints Milk
3 beaten eggs
110g Raisins and Sultanas
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170C: 325F: Gas 3.
2. Get a large oven proof baking dish and rub the butter around it.
3. Butter each of the slices of bread on one side only.
4. Line bottom and sides of the dish with the buttered bread, cover as much of the bowl as possible but try to leave 2 or 3 slices of bread to one side.
5. Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, raisins and sultanas, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Once this is done pour the mixture over bread.
6. Place the remaining pieces of buttered bread on top, try to submerge these by pressing on them.
7. Allow the bread and butter pudding to stand for around 30 minutes.
8. Cover the bread and butter pudding and then place in the oven and bake for up to 30 minutes.
9. Take off the lid and cook for another 30 minutes until top becomes golden in colour..
Preparation time: 45 mins
Leave a comment and let us know what you thought of this bread and butter pudding recipe.