Not the healthiest in the world, but a favourite pudding for many of us. Take a look at the recipe below to help yourself make a great Banoffee Pie.
Condensed Milk 800ml (2 cans)
Butter 6 tbsp
Digestive Biscuits 150g
Ground Almonds 50g
Ground Hazelnuts 50g
Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Grated Chocolate 75g
Double Whipped Cream 450ml
1. Place cans of milk in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Keep topping up the water to keep cans covered, carefully lift out the cans and leave to cool.
3. Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4
4. Grease a 9-10 inch flan tin with butter
5. With the butter that remains, place this in a bowl, mix in the biscuits and the nuts.
6. Once mixed well, place the mixture evenly into the base of the tin and bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
7. Slice the peeled bananas into a bowl, sprinkle over the lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix well, but gently.
8. Place the banana mixture into the tin and spread evenly.
9. Open the cans of milk and spoon over the bananas.
10. Sprinkle 50g of chocolate over the mixture, top with a layer of the whipped cream, add another 50g of chocolate sprinkles over the top and serve..
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: mins